Sunday, February 10, 2013

RED Launch and Free Weekend

I launched my latest novel, RED last Friday, and took the opportunity to run a free weekend with a Kindle Direct Promotion for both ARCHAEA and JANIS. I balanced promoted posts on Facebook, with a pretty regular barrage of promotional tweets, and the end result was pretty excellent.

ARCHAEA held the #1 spot for the Space Opera category, and JANIS climbed to #4 in Science Fiction Adventure. ARCHAEA hit #9 for all science fiction on Amazon, and topped out at #281 overall on Amazon. Considering there are millions of books listed on Amazon, to hit #281 was pretty awesome.

I gained about 20 more followers on Twitter, and hopefully didn't lose any... I am always a little apprehensive about spamming people, so I tried to make my tweets interesting (or at least not horribly obnoxious) and didn't tweet flood people too badly.

As far as actual sales went, I didn't do too terribly - as of this writing, I sold 24 copies of RED, hopefully as people work through ARCHAEA and JANIS, they'll want to keep reading the story and sales will continue for a while. It's not really all about sales, of course... I have a day job, and as much as I wish it was writing, it isn't... so I am really most excited at this point to think that there are a few thousand people out there reading the adventures of Captain Dak Smith and the Archaea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweets