Tuesday, February 12, 2013

First Review

Red received it’s first review today, and I was taken aback. For an author to know someone even read the thing is often it’s own reward, but when someone takes the time to fire up Amazon and let me know, it really offers a glimpse into the mind of the reader – what they liked, what they didn’t. Each and every review, good or bad (and sometimes, especially bad) breathes life into the prose, engaging with it in ways that the author cannot.
As may be considered ironic (not that I do, I wouldn't admit to know what that means) I am my biggest fan, and truly enjoy reading and re-reading these books. In a way, one of my fans said it best, it’s as if I wanted something more from the genre, and set out to create it. Because I have so much fun writing these books, it’s especially gratifying to learn that for at least one other person on this planet, I’ve succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweets